About

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Braving the Waves at Catarman, Northern Samar

‘Tis the season when converging wind, referred to as Amihan, pass Northern Samar. It rains 5 out of 7 days. Visitors coming to Catarman at this time of the year are mostly relatives of residents. I guess relatives are more than willing to put up with hours of flight delay due to weather conditions coupled with the holiday rush at the airports.

Setting foot at Catarman, we can’t wait to go to the beach. Catarman’s White Beach isn’t luxurious at all. Perhaps, waking up and walking by the beach every morning is. After all the year’s rushing to beat deadlines and getting school projects done, we’re all looking forward slowing down a bit and indulging in family time. Our family loves the beach and we hope to enjoy it for a long time lest climate change threaten Philippine shores and take away its beauty someday.





White Beach has basic amenities including a pavilion where group gatherings can be held.


It’s been five years since our last Christmas in Catarman. As I reminisce and compare, there’s not much difference. It still rains during holiday season and it has been spoiling our trip to Biri Island since. I have been looking forward to the trip since hubby showed me a photo about ten years ago. Poor me, I’d have to wait until my next return to see if I’d be lucky enough to visit Biri.

Nevertheless, we were able to hit the beach – twice J The waves were rough but my eldest enjoyed playing by the shore. His little brother, however, did not enjoy the beach as much as he did. Tomas was too scared of the waves. Hubby and I had to alternate carrying him. Unlike last March, he did not play with the sand even when I carved him a bulldozer on the sand.


Back at home, we hurry our baths to have a quick and healthy comfort snack as the drizzle starts again. We consider ourselves fortunate when the rain lets up so we can stroll around campus in the afternoon. The boys chase paper airplanes at the field and are getting used to havin’ mud on their feet.

2 comments:

Nice place. Too bad, I'm not fond of waves. Not a good swimmer. Hehe.

Visiting from My Health and Home


Admin, if not okay please remove!

Our facebook group “selfless” is spending this month spreading awareness on prostate cancer & research with a custom t-shirt design. Purchase proceeds will go to cancer.org, as listed on the shirt and shirt design.

www.teespring.com/prostate-cancer-research

Thanks

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More