About

Monday, April 25, 2011

The Thinnest, Lightest, Brightest and Sexiest



Oh my! Gadgets are getting hotter and sexier as manufacturers try to adapt more to consumer needs.
Since I’ve let go of my netbook late last year, I’ve been window shopping and hoping I could find the right portable notebook for me. I opted for the netbook because it was very handy. It could fit most of my shoulder bags and even my belt bag. Yes, I like to wear belt bags especially when I need to have my hands free with either the boys or outdoor activities. And they ease the weight on my shoulders, too.

I used to think only netbooks run with SSD (Solid State Drive). I particularly prefer SSDs because they function very quietly. Most laptops have this disturbing buzz when turned on. Laptops running on SSDs hardly have this noise. Laptops with SSDs definitely turn me on!

Given the netbook’s advantages in handiness, I had to let it go because the display was just too small for my needs. I usually open at least 5 tabs in my browser and then 1 or 2 applications, depending on my current project. 10 inches is just not enough even if I maximize the display resolution. When I am home, I have to plug the netbook to the desktop LCD.




Launched last March, the Samsung 9 Series caught my attention. The laptop weighs a little more than 1kg and runs on SSD! With a 13 inch display, it offers more work (and fun!) space while taking into account portability. The Samsung 9 Series also have the basic specs of a hardworking laptop:
  • 2nd Generation Intel Core i5 Processor 2537M (1.40 GHz, 3MB; turbo up to 2.3 GHz)
  • Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit) / Windows® 7 Professional (64 bit)
  • 4GB DDR3 (up to 8GB)
  • 128GB Solid State Drive (up to 256)
  • Intel HD GT2 Integrated Graphics
  • 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0, WiMax
  • 3 watt (1.5W x 2) stereo speakers and 1.5 watt sub-woofer
  • Li-Po battery (up to 6.5 hours)

Samsung Series 9


To top it, the casing is made of the same metal alloy used in aircrafts for lightness and durability. How sophisticated can that be?! 

Check out Samsung’s Fan Page to see more of the thinnest, lightest, brightest and sexiest Samsung Notebook Series 9.





Want to try to change my mind about the sexiest launch this summer? Leave me a note and we'll start from there.

4 comments:

Great review =)

Hi sis, I included this site of yours to my Blog Roll =)

http://www.deiville.info/p/x-links-badges.html

-Daryll-

wow that really great Samsung can offer, i should save money to buy one good luck to me heheh..

Wish to have one ... Returning the favor following this blog now thanks. http://www.mekyla.com/

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More